Before we begin our journey through Cyberspace, we must read over the following safety tips:
- Always ask your parents' permission before using your full name, address, telephone number or school name anywhere on the Internet.
- Always tell your parents or guardian if you see something online that you know is wrong or makes you feel uncomfortable.
- Never give out a credit card number or password online.
- Never send out your picture without your parents' permission.
- Be careful when someone offers you something for nothing, such as gifts or money.
- Don't ever accept a gift or an offer that involves having someone visit your house.
- Never arrange to meet someone you've met online in person unless you discuss it with your parents and an adult goes with you.
- Talk to your parents to set up rules for going online. Decide with them the best time of day to be online, the length of time to be online, and appropriate area to visit.
We're ready for our learning adventure in 3,2,1...blast-off!!